Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy with Earth Hour? I hope so.

So the earth hour has come and pass. Hope you guys and girls are proud of what you have done. That is, shut the light for only 1 hour.

If you really want to help the earth, there are plenty of ways, like using the reusable shopping bags and dump the plastic bag away. I wonder if there is going to be Bag Day where all day the people are using the reusable bag rather than plastic bag, and the shopping insist you on buying the bag and won't give the the "free" plastic bag no matter how much you begged or plead.



By the way, a friend of mine, Jemerlyn, shut off all the electrical appliances including the fan (but she leave it on for her grandma, gatta give the old people some pleasure). After the end of earth hour, she complains that it's freakin' hot. Your fault for being so devoted to the earth hour~

Anyway, about my part on the earth hour, I just shut the lights for twenty minutes before turning it back on because it's uncomfortable to use the computer in a dark environment. Besides, I don't want my eyesight to worsen again and have to ask my good dad to get me another spectacles. Besides, I participate in the earth hour similar-like activity every single day. I might even name my activity as Earth Day as I shut off my lights during the morning. Second thought, who doesn't shut off the lights in the morning anyway, except when you are in a dark room.

Not that I'm being sarcastic, but shutting off the lights (read : lights only) for 1 hour at night seems a little bit "imprudent". Shut off the lights when you need them the most, that's Earth Hour for you! Lucky they don't tell us to shut all other electrical appliances, I can't imagine living without my wife(read : computer).

Next time, I ain't gonna join this earth hour anymore. Just tell me to turn on the lights 5 minutes late for 12 days, or 1 minute late for 60 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment