Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why I Skipped Class (Re-post)

This post is to promote the book “Why I Skipped Class”.

Side note : TNN restored my last post but unable to save this post. So I have to post it again, excluding the comments.


When I saw the thread title “Why I Skipped Class” in LYN Literary Lounge(by the way, this section is like the least entertained), I quickly click on it and read it. With a free ebook to download(though only the 1st section), I read it from 1 end to the other with great interest. I can relate it to me as how I really hate going to school only to sleep on it. If I can opt not going to school, I will. But alas, the missing attendance was going to eat my overall marks in my high school. And now I’m in uni, not having at least 80% attendance rate will not garner me a place in the exam hall :(

The book also touched the issue of whether being in the last class means that you are intellectually inferior. In my opinion, if you got a brain that can stored a lot of memory, you’re getting a place in the first class for sure. The education system only rewards those who can memorizes the best, like the god-damn Bio and Chinese lessons. We even have to memorize the formula for the mathematics and physics(That’s for the UEC exam). For Pete’s sake, I thought the most important thing is how you USE it, not how you MEMORIZE it?

Anyway, the book is an eye-opener. You can go to the site here to get the ebook and read more about it.

Out of the topic, I got a damn feeling that some one ate my last post “Magic : The Harvesting”. You are testing my patience…TNN…

No comments:

Post a Comment