Wednesday, September 23, 2009

PC Games sucks! And it's because of us...

I have been very very busy all this week...reading The War of The Spider Queen Book 4 and writing articles. The The War of The Spider Queen series are quite interesting in the sense that each 1 keep backstabbing each other and it's the culture of the drow.

Warning : Many Many words!

Anyway, back to the topic. Why I say they sucks? Because it's the truth. No game developer gonna make a PC-exclusive title anymore, except MMO developers. Piracy is rampant. You make a good game on PC, and it's bound to get pirated in a small amount of time. Cheap game, DRM-free game, any game. Those anti-DRM activist are just losers, saying that removing DRM will lessen the piracy rate, where it just get pirated even more and faster.

As a result of this, more and more game developers just rather create their games for console, since the piracy problem is lesser on console. And the result is? No more Marvel Alliance 2, no Fable 2. Even if it's gonna release on PC and console, you have to wait a long long time to get your hands on the PC version. People would rather use their money to buy good pair of shoes, jeans or car, but too cheap to buy original games.

When you buy original game, it's not that you are rich, it's that you acknowledge the effort of the developers to make such a good game. Sometimes when I hear people saying that people who buy original game are rich people, and poor people should pirate the game, I smack my own head on such a childish statement. I know a friend of mine(not rich, by the way, and not poor either) who saves his money to buy original games, checking shops to see which 1 is the cheapest. I salute you! Just because he own PS3 doesn't mean he's rich. You can sacrifice some other part to buy the game, like eat less, or buy less clothes.

You don't have to play every game out there, just buy those you think you can enjoy the best, or the ones you can make the most out of it, like Team Fortress 2, where there's are still many players despite being released few years ago. Moreover, buying the original games with your hard-earned money, I bet you gonna play it over and over again, since you earned it after restraining yourself from buying other stuff.

If you interested in reading more about piracy, head over here. It explain the impact of piracy in 10 pages of words. That 10 pages make me see what I'm doing is killing my favorite hobby, gaming.

I think this is my time to say goodbye to the piracy. Though I hardly expect those who read this gonna turn away from piracy anyway, as not much can be expected from HUMAN.

6 comments:

  1. i rather buy cloth than buy game wor.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha~ the last game I heard you playing is "sword" something Chinese game. Anyway, you like cloth ma, and I like game~ different hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The developer also should make some effort,dont just saying that piracy is so serious then they just don't motivated to develop PC games.If the developer really care, why dont try to lowering their 'game' price to the extend that so affordable to mass market? So that more people can buy original.. Which one they (developer) want? to get their property pirated or lowering the price (so that in long term they still can make profit)... I hate capitalist ...
    .-= penjejak´s last blog ..Accident and Hari Raya Aidil Fitri =-.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though console game selling at price point higher than pc game, the sales on console still far exceeds that of pc sales. So I wonder...does the price still make any differences at all?

    How low is low by the way? To the standard of USA, 50USD doesn't seem much to them. But convert it to MYR, RM175 can get you a lot of meal. If you want to blame, blame the currency.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pirates pc games are so similliar to me.

    most of unknown peoples to me knows me just because I had many pirate games that are hits at that time, and of course, they want to buy it.

    But I never sell to them, since I can't think how many sins I will get if I do that..

    You see, buying original is worthy than get the pirate. It have more pros that cons.

    So my words, stop piracy!
    .-= Zala Wajik´s last blog ..Allahukabar! TT =-.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok...I'm kinda confused with the first 3 paragraphs.

    But anyway, I agree with you, original is more worthy than pirated games, since you buy it with you money, thus you will appreciate it.

    Still...I like see what pros you can make out of buying original.

    ReplyDelete