Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Eating Without PAYING (a.k.a stealing)

That's what happened in UCTI today. When I was in the cafeteria queuing up to pay my tab, I saw a middle-east guy ordered a spoonful of wedges on his plate of rice and began eating. I thought that maybe he just plain hungry, hence eating before paying the tab.

But when it was my turn to pay the tab, I saw that wedges have gone from his plate! I had a feeling that this guy wasn't going to admit that he ordered the wedges, since there weren't any on his plate. Too poor that you can't even pay for the wedges?

This action has put a new perspective in as to why the wedges are quite a bit expensive(you never gonna see me buying it). Is it because people been stealing the wedges, thus they increase the price to counter the loss? Or the price has always been like that, thus prompting people to steal it?

Damn...this thought reminds me of the piracy the game industry currently suffering. People pirate the game because it's expensive, because they are students, because this and that. To me, the reason is all the same, you do it because you can. You pirate the game because you can. You download all the movie because you can. Whatever reason they came up is just to justify themselves that it's alright to pirate what they what.

I hope that guy gonna get his punishment soon for stealing, by God or whoever or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment